Last week we were awarded our company trademark by the Intellectual Property Office. This means that our logo is now exclusively linked to our brand, of which we have complete ownership and exclusive rights. A trademark was added to our logo so that we become the only legal seller of sanitiser under this brand name, using our patented alcohol-free formula which is kind to skin.
This also means our brand is available on Amazon! Our amazon shop will be live from next week, providing another platform where you can buy your favourite Alcohol-Free Sanitising products, available to ship to the UK and Europe.
Alongside this, we have also been approved for some more British Standard Accreditations! These mean that our products meet the requirements of all the following tests, whilst being proudly produced in Britain:
- EN 1276 – Meets the requirements of this standard for bacteria activity in 30 seconds at 20°C under dirty conditions.
- EN 1650 – Test for evaluation of fungicidal and yeasticidal activity of
chemical disinfectants and antiseptics used in food, industrial, domestic,
and institutional areas.
- EN 13727 – Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of bactericidal activity in the medical area
- EN 1500 - Test method that evaluates the efficacy of a hygienic hand rub.
- EN 14476 - A virucidal disinfectant test method, that includes test conditions
for surface disinfection, achieving suitable log reduction.
The sanitiser industry is ever growing since the outbreak of Covid-19, and so our trademark and new accreditations are the factors that differentiate GermzAway from other sanitiser brands, who may not meet all these requirements, and use harsh alcohol based chemicals in their solutions. The BSI’s requirements ensure that we are providing our customers with the best product that we can be, whilst maintaining our ethical and sustainable values and continuing to manufacture kind to skin alcohol free solutions.